Utilities Operator I
Public Works – Water & Wastewater Utilities Department
The Town of Turner Valley is recruiting a full time position of Utilities Operator (I). The position reports to the Supervisor of Water Treatment Facility in the Public Works Department.
The Utility Operator (I) will assist in the day to day operations of the water treatment facility, ensuring safe distribution, treatment, disinfection and uninterrupted transmission in accordance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation, policies and standards.
- Minimum (1) one year experience in the operation and maintenance of a water/wastewater facility. Must have a minimum (1) one year municipal water distribution experience with a proven understanding of the operation and maintenance of a water system “Source to Tap”.
- Must possess an Alberta Environment Utilities Operator Certification in all of the following; (Water Treatment I, Water Distribution I, Wastewater Collection I).
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word/Excel and familiarity with SCADA software.
- Mechanical, electrical/instrumentation, process control, programming, biological and water hydraulics aptitude.
- All applicants must possess a Class 5 Alberta driver’s license and be able to work alone.
- Current H2S Alive, First Aid/CPR, Confined Space and WHIMIS tickets would be considered an asset, but not required.
- This position is scheduled for 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, and shall include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Participation in the on-call rotation shall also be required.
A detailed job description and application may be obtained at the Town of Turner Valley Municipal Office, or by clicking here: 2014 Water Wastewater – Utilities Operator I – Job Description
Interested applicants please send resumes to:
Director Municipal Operations
Box 330, 514 Windsor Avenue N.W.
Turner Valley, AB. T0L 2A0
The Town of Turner Valley appreciates the interest of applicants and wishes to thank all for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please continue to check back as employment opportunities will be posted as they become available. Thank you.
Interested in Volunteering?
We are always looking for volunteers for our Community Events.
Send us an email if you are interested in donating your time for a fun event!