COMMUNITY PEACE OFFICER
Turner Valley is seeking a highly motivated and mature individual that possess excellent interpersonal skills to fulfill the role of a Community Peace Officer.
The position is responsible for the enforcement and education of Municipal Bylaws and select Provincial statutes, as well as limited animal control duties, and reports to the Senior Peace Officer. This position, involves a rotating shift schedule which includes days, evenings, weekends and select statutory holidays
Mandatory Qualifications for this Position
- Valid PARE certificate (within the previous 6 months)
- Valid Alberta Class 5 licence or its equivalent
- Computer proficiency
- Criminal Record Check (within the previous 3 months)
- Attained a grade 12 diploma or equivalent GED
- Eligible to obtain appointment as a Community Peace Officer
- Must be able to obtain an “Enhanced” level security clearance, as the position is based in the RCMP Detachment
Preferred candidates should possess the following (in addition to the above)
- Completed the Alberta Solicitor General Peace Officer Induction training or have at least five (5) years of policing experience.
- LASER/RADAR certification
- Current Use of Force certification, including baton and OC
- Completed an accredited Emergency Vehicle Operators Course
- Completed the Alberta Solicitor General approved shotgun training
- First-Aid and CPR/AED
- Experience with investigations, complaint resolution, and court processes
- Be able to work independently or liaise with other municipal departments and outside enforcement agencies, as well have demonstrated excellent time management skills
The Town of Turner Valley offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package. All submitted resumes, are held in confidence and should include salary expectations, training certificates, and references, including a copy of your valid PARE certificate. The competition will remain open until such time as a suitable candidate is chosen.
Candidates can either email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Town of Turner Valley
Peace Officer Competition
P.O. Box 330
Turner Valley, Alberta T0L 2A0
Utilities Operator I
Public Works – Water & Wastewater Utilities Department
The Town of Turner Valley is recruiting a full time position of Utilities Operator (I). The position reports to the Supervisor of Water Treatment Facility in the Public Works Department.
The Utility Operator (I) will assist in the day to day operations of the water treatment facility, ensuring safe distribution, treatment, disinfection and uninterrupted transmission in accordance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation, policies and standards.
- Minimum (1) one year experience in the operation and maintenance of a water/wastewater facility. Must have a minimum (1) one year municipal water distribution experience with a proven understanding of the operation and maintenance of a water system “Source to Tap”.
- Must possess an Alberta Environment Utilities Operator Certification in all of the following; (Water Treatment I, Water Distribution I, Wastewater Collection I).
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word/Excel and familiarity with SCADA software.
- Mechanical, electrical/instrumentation, process control, programming, biological and water hydraulics aptitude.
- All applicants must possess a Class 5 Alberta driver’s license and be able to work alone.
- Current H2S Alive, First Aid/CPR, Confined Space and WHIMIS tickets would be considered an asset, but not required.
- This position is scheduled for 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, and shall include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Participation in the on-call rotation shall also be required.
A detailed job description and application may be obtained at the Town of Turner Valley Municipal Office, or by clicking here: 2014 Water Wastewater – Utilities Operator I – Job Description
Interested applicants please send resumes to:
Director Municipal Operations
Box 330, 514 Windsor Avenue N.W.
Turner Valley, AB. T0L 2A0
The Town of Turner Valley appreciates the interest of applicants and wishes to thank all for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please continue to check back as employment opportunities will be posted as they become available. Thank you.
Interested in Volunteering?
We are always looking for volunteers for our Community Events.
Send us an email if you are interested in donating your time for a fun event!