Patrol Services

Turner Valley Patrol Services Complaint Line 403.863.4341

Animal Control Officer (lost animals and animals running at large) 403.333.1290

The Town of Turner Valley values the safety and security of our residents. The Turner Valley RCMP detachment services a large geographical area, so to assist in community safety the Town employs two Community Peace Officers and an on-call Animal Control Specialist, in our Patrol Services department (TVPS). These officers are trained to the same standards as the Alberta Traffic Sheriffs and are Provincially-accredited Peace Officers.  They are based out of the Turner Valley RCMP Detachment, to support and assist in law enforcement duties within the Town of Turner Valley.

While Community Peace Officers enforce municipal bylaws, their duties include a number of other responsibilities including enforcement of:

Traffic Safety Act
Gaming and Liquor Act/Regulations
Dangerous Dogs Act
Trespass to Premises Act
Stray Animals Act
Petty Trespass Act
Innkeepers Act
Execution of warrants for arrest
Specific municipal bylaws (for example, Unsightly Premises, Noise and Traffic Bylaws)

Telephone complaint line:  Contact Turner Valley Patrol Services at 403.863.4341

Once a complaint is submitted, it will be immediately forwarded to next available officer. When submitting a complaint, we do require some of your personal information.  This is so that we may contact you later or should we need additional information. Your personal information is secure and will NOT be disclosed to any other party, without your explicit consent.

If you require the assistance of TVPS, you may call 403.863.4341

Animal Control

The Town of Turner Valley operates a Municipal Animal Pound, and has user agreements with our municipal neighbours. Our Animal Control Officer works closely with local veterinary clinics and other animal care stakeholders to find and return animals to their owners. The Animal Control Officer will also check with other surrounding agencies, vets and shelters, on behalf of the pet owner, in an effort to locate lost animals.

In the event your animal is missing, please contact our Animal Control Officer to check if your animal has been impounded. Every effort will be made to reunite you with your animal as soon as possible, we are unable to release any animal after 8:00 p.m.  Pickups can be scheduled by calling the animal control officer.

The Animal Control Officer may be reached at 403.333.1290

Should you require any information about the roles of Peace Officers in your community or just need information about a specific bylaw, please contact TVPS at 403.863.4341.